This course equips participants with HP OneView skills for environment planning, installation, configuration and management of HP Converged Infrastructure (CI) components.
Skills include: HP Converged Infrastructure provisioning, firmware management, configuration management, environment visualization, alerting and notification.
System administrators, engineers and consultants who will plan and manage the HP cloud infrastructure environments with HP OneView and will support key scenarios such as deploying bare-metal servers, deploying hypervisor clusters from bare metail, performing ongoing hardware maintenance, and responding to alerts and outages.
- Completion of HP BladeSystem Administration (HE646S) and the Virtual Connect (HK758s) courses.
- A basic understanding of hypervisor environments (VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V) and familiarity with general networking terminology and basic network concepts.
- Install and configure HP OneView on supported hardware.
- Explain HP OneView connectivity model, networking resources and templates, and licensing.
- Add enclosures with server blades and ProLiant DL servers to the OneView appliance.
- Connect to an HP 3PAR storage system — pools, volumes and templates.
- Plan and complete firmware updates.
- Access the Rest API and configure the appliance using scripting.