Sysinternals Toolkit is the most important toolkit for all Windows admins. There are lots of sessions and there is a great book about it but there hasn’t been a great classroom training about it – Now there is! On this class one of the top experts in Windows Troubleshooting and Security, Sami Laiho, teaches you how to take full advantage of this toolkit.Mer information & fakta
Join this two day workshop by Sami Laiho, one of the world’s leading Windows Security experts and learn how to master the most important toolkit out there in real life scenarios with hands on labs.
You will learn deep knowledge about the most important tools like Process Explorer, Process Monitor and Sysmon, but also learn how to benefit from not that well known tools in the toolkit. This course teaches you how to sharpen your skills with the tools and save time and money in your day to day job. You will also get a free copy of the brand new “Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools (2nd Edition)”.
Kursmaterial och upplägg
Kursen hålls i workshopform med laborationer ledda av kursledaren. Kursmaterialet består av kursledarens slides och labguide, samt referenslitteratur i form av boken ”Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools” av Mark E. Russinovich och Aaron Margosis. Kursen hålls på engelska.
Om Sami Laiho
Sami Laiho is one of the world’s leading professionals in the Windows OS. Sami has been working with and teaching OS troubleshooting, management, and security for more than 15 years. Sami’s session was evaluated as the best session in TechEd North America, Europe and Australia in 2014, and Nordic Infrastructure Conference in 2016.
Sagt om Sami
- “Sami is a great Trainer with a lot of experience in windows systems.”
- “I thought I understood the material well before I took part in this course, I was wrong. This course although short it was sufficient, both direct and fun. I would recommend this for anyone that wants to work in IT and also for all that work in the IT business.“
- “If you really need to know something about windows8, this seminar/training is a must. He delivers everything in a lively manner, and it´s not just educational, it´s fun.”
- “Do you want to learn Win-Fu?”
- “Great insight into Windows security”
- “Funni finnish guy that teaches you to be a pro when it comes to windows!”
- “Sami you get 5 out of 5 stars for keeping things interesting and fun while still making people understand and learn.”
- “Great speaker, and has good sense of humor :-), what else can you ask for ?”
- “Funny,interesting and during those 4 days i learned ALOT"
Basic experience with Windows Administration, Basic understanding of Active Directory, Basic understanding of networking infrastructure.
Working with the Sysinternals Toolkit
- Learning the needed basics of how Windows OS works
- Learning the prereqs of the toolkit and how to install everything
- Learning how to tweak the toolkit to make it perform the best
Troubleshooting Processes and Registry with Process Monitor
- How to work with filesystems, registry, networking and other parts of the tool
- How to use Process Monitor for discovering how the OS and apps work
Troubleshooting Memory and Disks with Sysinternals tools
- How to troubleshoot the two most common bottlenecs: Memory and Disks
- Learning how physical memory works versus virtual memory
Troubleshooting Filesystems with Sysinternals tools
- Working with different filesystem related problems
- Discovering how the filesystems work
Troubleshooting Security and Active Directory Issues with Sysinternals tools
- Discovering and analyzing the security subsystem
- Troubleshooting issues related to permissions and privileges
- Using Sysinternals tools to find security weaknesses
Troubleshooting Startup and Shutdown sequences with Sysinternals tools
- Finding reasons for slow startup, logon, logoff and shutdown
- Fighting malware that automatically starts with the machine
Working with Memory Dumps and Debugging Using Sysinternals tools
- Learning what debugging is and how it can be easier with assistance from the Sysinternals tools
- Automating the process of memory dump creation and analysis
Exploring the Hidden Gems of Sysinternals toolkit
- Networking tools
- Smaller Powertoys included in the toolkit
- Cool tips on less known tools that many have never tried