The goal of this course is to equip consulting professionals with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in designing a VMware vSphere 5 virtual infrastructure.
Given an organization’s constraints and requirements, the infrastructure should be available, scalable, manageable, and secure while meeting the organization’s business objectives. The course is based on VMware ESXi and VMware vCenter Server 5.
This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions. This course also provides an opportunity to practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project.
Du lär dig
- Understand and apply a framework to a design.
- Design a storage solution to use vSphere in an enterprise.
- Design a network to use vSphere in an enterprise.
- Design compute resources for an enterprise.
- Design virtual machines to run applications in a virtual infrastructure.
- Design a virtual datacenter for an enterprise.
- Incorporate management and monitoring features in the design.
- Identify design goals, requirements, constraints, and risks.
- Identify useful information for making design decisions.
- Recognize and analyze best-practice recommendations.
- Analyze alternative design choices.
- Design Process Overview
- VMware vSphere Storage Design
- VMware vSphere Network Design
- Compute Resources Design
- Virtual Machine Design
- VMware vSphere Virtual Datacenter Design
- Management and Monitoring Design
Knowledge of vSphere 5 installation, upgrade, configuration, and administration.