Working with JSON data from Python
This is a self-paced Global Knowledge Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by worldclass production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
This course will carefully examine serializing Python objects to JSON, and its reverse, deserializing JSON to Python objects. The default JSON encoder is sufficient to serialize some Python objects; we will explain in depth when a custom encoder is needed and how to build one. Likewise, the course will also cover building a custom decoder.
This online learning event is comprised of Articles to read, Labs to participate in, Videos to watch and all the time you have access to Mentors that will help you better understand JSON and Python. We estimate that the learning event will take you around 3hrs to complete.
- A basic understanding of the Python language and standard library
- Getting started with Python programming
- Serialize Python to JSON - 51 minutes 7 Activities: Article (1) | Lab (1) | Video (5)
- Deserialize JSON to Python - 53 minutes 6 Activities: Article (1) | Lab (2) | Video (3)
- JSON Encoders and Decoders - 1 hours 21 minutes 9 Activities: Article (1) | Lab (2) | Video (6)
- Identify seven basic data types that closely map between Python and JSON
- Serialize basic Python types to JSON
- Deserialize basic JSON types to Python objects
- Write a custom JSON encoder to serialize a Python object to JSON
- Write a custom JSON decoder to deserialize JSON to a Python object