Administer, Extend, and Automate Salesforce
Take your Salesforce Administrator skills to the next level and supercharge your knowledge to solve pressing business needs. In this 4-day class, discover how to extend Salesforce with custom objects and Lightning apps, generate complex reports and dashboards, and automate complex business requirements to work more efficiently.
Our Salesforce experts will share tips and best practices to take your admin skills to the next level and arm you with the skills to get more out of Salesforce.
Target audience and prerequisites
This class is ideal for admins with at least 6 months of experience administering Salesforce, and is a great foundational course for anyone looking to earn their Salesforce Advanced Administrator credential.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Troubleshoot and modify complex security models based on business requirements.
- Identify the relationship types available in Salesforce and when each should be used.
- Modify a Lightning app to meet business needs.
- Increase data quality with advanced validation rules and formula functions.
- Utilize Flow to solve business problems and increase productivity.
- Troubleshoot flow errors stemming from the Order of Execution and invalid data inputs.
- Plan and create an Approval Process.
- Utilize the Order of Execution to explain why automations are running at specific times.
- Determine when to configure, buy, or extend Salesforce.
- Utilize advanced reporting techniques to analyze data.
Securing Your Data
- Accessing the Org
- Object Permissions
- Impact of Sharing
- Delegated Administration
Objects, Fields, and Relationships
- Create Custom Objects
- Customize Fields
- Master Detail and Lookup Relationships
- Many to Many Relationships
- Benefits of Relationship Fields
- Additional Relationship Types
Increasing Efficiency with Lightning Apps
- Building Lightning Applications
- Selecting Tabs
- Page Layout Editor
- Applying Quick Actions
- Record Type & Business Process
Improve Data Quality
- Data Quality Lifecycle
- Enforcing Data Quality
- Validation Rules & Formula Functions
- Eliminate Duplicates
- Identifying the Right Automation Tool
- Flow Overview
- Migrating to Flow
- Flow and the Order of Execution
Flow: Building From Scratch
- Building a Flow: The Basics
- Building a Flow: Resources & Elements
- Collection Management
- Creating a Flow
- Record-Triggered Flow
- Schedule-Triggered Flow
- Screen Flow
- Autolaunched Flow
Flow: Considerations & Troubleshooting
The Approval Process
- What Is an Approval Process
- Create an Approval Process
- Troubleshoot an Approval Process
Audit and Extend Automations
- The Order of Execution
- Auditing Tools
- Extending Beyond Automations
- Creating Custom Report Types
- Exception Reports with Cross Filters
- Bucketing Data
- Historical Reporting
- Extending Summaries in Reports and Dashboards