Developer Workshop - Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET Core with Roland Guijt
There's a lot to get your head around when it comes to building in authentication and authorization in your ASP.NET Core app. This workshop, led by the author of the popular Pluralsight course with the same title, will make you not only aware of what's going on in that space, but also what's going on in the industry regarding web security.
After this workshop you'll be confident to implement authentication and authorization in your apps. On top of that you'll have the experience to implement the above these security features.
About Roland Guijt
Roland is a Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET Insider and Pluralsight author enjoying a constant curiosity around new techniques in software development. His focus is on all things .NET and browser technologies.
As a long-time trainer and speaker, he has led many courses on these topics and spoken about these topics at many international conferences.
You will learn
- What kind of authentication options are there and how do they work?
- How and when do I implement ASP.NET Core Identity?
- What are OAuth2 and OpenIdConnect?
- What is an identity provider?
- When do I use a cloud-based identity provider such as Azure AD?
- How and when do I use the IdentityServer framework to build your own?
- What is the correct way to do authorization on my controllers? And where does authorization data come from?