Developer Workshop: Practical Messaging with NServiceBus
Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on message-oriented architecture and development.
Join Jimmy Bogard for a deep dive covering architectural topics like:
- UI decomposition
- Data ownership across the enterprise
- Finding service boundaries
You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Fault tolerance – HTTP and queues
- Reliable integration with 3rd party systems
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
Finally, get some hands-on experience in message-oriented architectures by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll understand messaging concepts, and DDD concepts such as bounded contexts and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a messaging architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
About Jimmy Bogard
Jimmy is a member of the ASPInsiders group, the C# Insiders group, and has received the "Microsoft Most Valuable Professional" (MVP) award every year since 2009. Jimmy is also the creator and maintainer of the popular OSS libraries AutoMapper and MediatR. Jimmy is the chief architect at Headspring, a custom software consultancy based in Austin, TX.