Advanced Black Belt Troubleshooting - Windows OS Internals with Sami Laiho
Have you ever wondered if Windows Pagefile settings should be changed or how they actually work? Have you ever wondered what the values in Task Manager actually mean – like Paged Pool, Working Set, Free memory etc? Do you know how a file actually gets cached and finally written to the disk or how threads communicate with each other? Have you ever wondered what Mutexes or Semaphores in Process Explorer really mean?
Come and join this course as it will provide you with the answers and a lot more!
This four-day course teaches you how the operating system actually works under the hood. Windows Internals was previously taught globally by two of the best known teachers David Solomon and Mark Russinovich. David is now retired from training and Mark is working for Microsoft. This training is based on their Windows Internals book which is considered mandatory knowledge for all top Microsoft professionals including Microsoft’s own Premier Field Engineers (PFE’s).
Target Audience and Prerequisites
This training is intended for all administrators who want to deepen their knowledge about the Windows OS. It is also quite suitable for people who think they know everything about the Windows OS :)
This is a rather deep diving course and surely in no way suitable for beginners. If you have gone through the course Black Belt Troubleshooting Windows OS, then this course will deepen your knowledge even further.
This training is delivered by Sami Laiho - one of the top Windows OS professionals globally. Sami has been awarded as Best Speaker and his OS sessions as Best Session in multiple Microsoft TechEd’s and other conferences. Sami has been working with OS internals and security for almost 20 years and teaching the art for more than 15 years. Read more on Sami's website.
Said about Sami
The quotes below is from our evaluation form after a previous class with Sami:
- “Sami is a great Trainer with a lot of experience in windows systems.”
- “I thought I understood the material well before I took part in this course, I was wrong. This course although short it was sufficient, both direct and fun. I would recommend this for anyone that wants to work in IT and also for all that work in the IT business.“
- “If you really need to know something about windows8, this seminar/training is a must. He delivers everything in a lively manner, and it´s not just educational, it´s fun.”
- “Do you want to learn Win-Fu?”
- “Great insight into Windows security”
- “Funni finnish guy that teaches you to be a pro when it comes to windows!”
- “Sami you get 5 out of 5 stars for keeping things interesting and fun while still making people understand and learn.”
- “Great speaker, and has good sense of humor :-), what else can you ask for ?”
- “Funny,interesting and during those 4 days i learned ALOT"
- Concepts and Tools
- System Architecture
- System Mechanisms
- Management Mechanisms
- Processes, Threads, and Jobs
- I/O System
- Storage Management
- Memory Management
- Cache Manager
- File Systems
- Startup and Shutdown
- Crash Dump Analysis