PRINCE2® Foundation 6th edition
The PRINCE2™ Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2™ methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2™ method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognized Foundation qualification.
The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2™ method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2™.
Course material in English.
You can attend the course through instructor-led classroom or virtual classroom.
The stated course price is covered by a course place plus SEK 2,500 for the compulsory certification test.
Target Audience and Prerequisites
Organizations or Individuals seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing projects. Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle along with the key management documents that should be created during each stage of your project. Delegates going onto the PRINCE2™ Practitioner Level.
Some experience working in an IT organization is recommended.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2™ method.
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2™ method.
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well-managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.